Review: BPI Easy Saver Account

by - 11:00 AM

Want to open a bank account but afraid that it would cost too much? Well I introduce BPI's Easy Saver Account.

What is the BPI Easy Saver Account?
It's a saving  account perfect for anyone who is just starting, like me. It's an account where it doesn't require a maintaining balance like most of the bank accounts.

So let me share how I opened one.
Today, Sunday, I went to the mall where they have their Express Banking Center and I believe it's open 7 days a week from 9am(?) to 7pm. I went there with the requirements.

  • 2 Valid ID's ( I presented my passport and company I.D)
  • 1 Proof of Billing (I personally don't have one that's named after me. They said that its okay if its my named after my mother. It can be your water bill, electricity bill, internet bill, etc.)
  • 2 pieces of 1x1 photo ( In my case, they just needed one)
  • Lastly, a photo copy of the original documents. Be sure to have your I.D photocopied back and fort.
Once I presented all the things stated above, I just filled up an application form and one form where in I had to provide my signature. And that's basically it. As soon as I finished filling up the form, they asked how much I will deposit (it doesn't need to be a big amount, you can deposit as low as 200 pesos) to start, and  voila! my card is all ready and my name is on it.

They said I need to check after few hours or the next day to check if the deposit that I made is there and also to change the temporary PIN given.

The card looks like this.
FRONT: It has your card number and your name
BACK: On the white space, it has your account number where in you use to deposit your money.
You can stop reading here, but if you want to know more, then continue reading :)

Here are some extra things that you may want to know.
  • Every time you withdraw on a BPI ATM machine, there will be a charge of 5 pesos. And with additional charge if you withdraw if you'll use other bank's ATM.
  • 100 pesos will be the charge if you'll withdraw from a teller on a BPI branch.
  • The Express teller card is if only 50 pesos.
  • Daily ATM withdrawal limit is 20,000 pesos
  • No. of ATM withdrawals ( I think in one day) is 6
  • Daily EPS Purchase limit is 100,000 pesos

 I think that's all that I can share. I'll edit this by the time I change my PIN and check my balance.


Good luck to all those who are thinking of opening this account or any other bank account. :)



Express Banking CenterExpress
Express Banking Center

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi. Can I immediately get the atm card right after i finished the application? I'm planning of opening an account too. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can :) With your complete name on it.

      Delete